Friday, May 05, 2006

Aaaaannnnnnd their off..

Alex,Trex, and I got to spend the afternoon playing the ponies at Arlington Park. CEDA NW, an organization that the three of us have done a fair bit of work for, holds a fundraiser there in the spring, and they decided to invite us. (KatrinRun also volunteers there, but since she just went back to work she couldn't take the afternoon off.) Over the course of the afternoon we learned that we know a lot more about income taxes and computers than we do about horse racing.

Here is a shot of Alex pretending that he knows how to read the racing form


...(Although later in the day he won an exacta bet....he obviously know more than me...except what a 1:1 odds mean for a payout :) )


TRex shows off the first winning ticket of the day. She went 3 for 3 to open her afternoon!!!! In fact she didn't start to lose until I started copying her bets..Hmmmmmm.


Cool picture of the chicago skyline from the skybox we were in. More impressive in person. Can you guess which one the Sears tower is?


Trex and I pose in front of the horse that I won a $20 on! Thats me to the left of Trex the horse is on the right.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»