Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ben's 2 month appointment

Today was Ben's 2 month appointment (even though he is over 9 weeks now). He weighed in at 11 lbs. 3 oz. and was 22 1/8 inches long. He gained 2 pounds since last month - good boy Ben! The doctor was impressed with his skills (he talked to the doctor and followed us with his eyes around the room) and said Ben was a pretty laid back baby. Ben did not seem to mind getting his temperature taken rectally, but did scream when the doctor looked into his ears....strange. Anyway, he got 3 shots while he was there, but it wasn't as bad as we were expecting. He screamed when they were given, but then was pretty calm after that. I guess that Tylenol they gave him before it helped.

We then went to the Moto day care to have our intake meeting, which pretty much consisted of us sitting in the infant room and meeting the teachers, who were all very nice. His primary teacher is Ms. Flor and his secondary teacher is Noreen. Noreen held Ben, but the little guy was fast asleep and not interested in waking up. There is another Benjamin at the center, so from now on he is called Benjamin S. They already had a crib with his name on it, his own shelf set up, and his name up on the wall with the other babies. They seem excited for him to join them. I felt comfortable with the place and people, but I really don't want to leave him to go back to work!! But I could write a million words on that and Paul has already commented that this blog is too long. I am wordy I guess! This is also the first time I have posted on the site, so I guess I got a little overexcited! Anyway, Ben is doing great! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a very desctiptive post that paints a DETAILED picture of the day!