Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Jackson Tour

First Stop the Briarwood house. I couldn't believe how cute it looked. We lived here from when I was just under 1 until I was about 12. All the nice architectural features were totally lost on me at that time. At sometime someone painted the bricks, but I think that the grey works.

Then I showed my family my old school and church. Its a shame they don't try anything too architecturally different today for churches. My church was not particualry beautiful, but I thought it did a fanstastic job of being awe inspiring while still feeling inclusive.


Others have had different opions. (It was once featured in the book Ugly As Sin)

I always loved the statue of Saint Richard on the bridge into the church.

The walkway from the church to the school wasn't quite as cool as I remembered, but it made a nice snapshot. I went to kindergarten in that door on the left, but it was all torn up inside now.

My junior high school, now appears to be the main offices of the elementary school


Finally we drove out to madison to see the Deveraux house. We lived here from when I was 12 till about 15.

It was a great house. The woman who lives there now actually invitited us inside! She has imbued the house with even more southern charm, especially where she has created a wonderful courtyard in the back.

Then it was off to the lake for sun and talk until it was time to go to the wedding.

No comments: