Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Big girls!

Well, I am very behind on blogging and have lots to update, so I will start with an update on the girls. Abbey was just in for her 15 month appointment to the doctor. She continues to fear the doctor and I think it may be getting worse (if possible). This time she started crying as soon as the nurse walked in. And I am talking intense screaming - the kind where her mouth is open and no sound is coming out because she is crying so hard and not breathing. She stays frozen in fear, except for the uncontrollable shaking of her legs and arms. Poor thing. When the nurse was finished, she told Abbey she was almost done and was going to leave, at which point Abbey immediately turned around and yelled "Bye bye" and waved to her through her tears. It was cute. Anyway, she weighed in at 22 lbs, 11 oz and was 30 inches tall. That bumped her up to the 60th percentile - big girl! We have noticed a huge growth spurt lately so I wasn't totally surprised. She knows her body parts and the sounds animals make and she is saying new words every day. I love this stage and watching them learn new things every day. I just posted a few pictures of her in a pony tail and pig tails. She never lets me do her hair (she pushes my hand away and tells me no), so I had to grab pictures when she did let me touch it!


Eating an apple...

Juliette was just in for her 2 month appointment. She did really well and was smiling at the nurses (a nice change from my experience with Abbey). It is always sad though when they go from smiling at the nurses to screaming and wondering why the friendly nurses just pierced their thighs with needles...yes, she got 4 vaccines so she was a bit upset, but she calmed down quickly. She weighed in at 10 lbs, 2 oz and was 22 1/4 inches, which put her in the 40th percentile. She is cooing and smiling a lot now and is such a good baby. She sleeps about 8 hours at night, so we are just trying to nail down that timing to fit best with our schedule. Currently she goes to bed around 10 and wakes up at 6. I am pretty happy with this arrangement for now, but am looking forward to having all kids in bed by 8! Just a few cute pics of her as well.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: