Saturday, March 08, 2014

Matthew turns 1 Month!

Time is flying in our household! Matthew turned 1 month and we couldn't believe it!  And look at those booties someone made for us - so cute!


I took Matthew in for his one month appointment and he was doing great!  He weighed in at 9 lbs, 1 oz.  I thought that was huge - he had grown so much!  Then I found out that put him in the 20th percentile, which surprised me because he seemed so big to me.  But then I remembered that lots of babies are born between 8-10 pounds these days, so I guess being 9 lbs at one month isn't really that big!  But he did great during the exam and even during his shot.  I tried to talk to the doctor about how Matthew spits up a lot and doesn't sleep at all at night and I got no sympathy!  Surely this is an unusual thing - my other 3 babies weren't like this!!!  But no, apparently this is "normal" and I was lucky with my other 3.  So she had no advice to give me - nothing is wrong with him (which is good), we just have to get through this time.  That wasn't very encouraging to hear, but we are taking things day by day.  When he is awake, he really is a happy baby and loves to look around at things and especially enjoys his siblings.  But we really need his tummy to settle down so we can get some sleep!!  Luckily, we have a lot of great helpers at home!

No comments: