Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Juliette is 3 months!

Juliette is 3 months old now and she has been learning a lot lately! Here is Abbey reading her a very important book. You can tell Juliette is enjoying it by the smile on her face! In other ND news, Ben can now sing the entire fight song. We have a video of it so we will have to post it sometime soon. Needless to say, we are very proud!

Ben and Abbey giving Juliette a kiss. This picture cracks me up because Juliette looks terrified - why are you doing this to me Mommy?

And Juliette has learned to suck her thumb. It puts her to sleep every time. The only problem with it is that she tends to scratch her face with her other fingers. I try to keep her nails short, but clipping an infant's nails is hard!



Juliette is growing, but slowly. Last week she began to get fussy while eating and I didn't feel like she was eating very much, so I took her into the doctor on Saturday for a weight gain check. She had only gained 4 ounces in 3.5 weeks. So, we started supplementing her with formula. I took her back in today for her 3 month check-up and she had gained 9 ounces since Saturday. So, I guess she needed some extra food. I was on the lookout for this as this is the same time that Abbey started to lose weight. For whatever reason, I can only breastfeed for about 3-4 months. But the good news is that she is now 10 lbs, 15 ounces and 22.5 inches long, which puts her in the 25th percentile. I expect she will go back up once she is on all formula, which will probably happen pretty quickly (if it goes the same as it did with Ben and Abbey). She is smiling and talking a lot and really starting to look around and notice things. She sleeps for about 10 hours at night and we have had only one time that Abbey woke up and we had to rock her back to sleep. So, all in all, she is doing great!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: