Sunday, May 08, 2011

Aunt Theresa's Moving On...

Well, for those of you who don't know, our dear Aunt Theresa has decided to take on a new challenge. A few months ago, she quit her job at BP because she was largely unhappy there. She took a leap of faith, but is now setting off to follow her dreams and moving to Alaska. That's right, Alaska (remember, she works in the oil industry). So, this last month or so we have been trying to spend as much time with her as possible before she leaves. She leaves tomorrow, so yesterday we all got together at Aunt Domi's house for a last hurrah. We got all her favorite Chicago foods (deep dish pizza, Portillos, and Oberweis ice cream) and had a feast! Then it was some last minute play time and pictures with our favorite Aunt Teeesa (as Abbey calls her).

Juliette has a special fondness of Aunt Thereeeta (as she calls her). As soon as Theresa comes over, she only wants to be held by her.

As long as she has her Aunt Tereeeta, she is a happy girl!

All our kids love Aunt Theresa. She spends a lot of time with us and is pretty much like a second mommy to them (we often joke that she is like our au pair). She is Ben's Godmother and they are all going to miss her so much!

And Caroline loves her and is going to miss her a ton too - this is our usual bunch that we do stuff with during the week while the older kids are at school!

Again, Juju and Aunt Theresa...

Paul is so insanely proud of his little sister (by the way, don't they look alike in this picture?).

Sisters!!! Ok, so they technically are not my actual sisters, but I love them like sisters and I would imagine the relationship I have with them is the type of relationship I would have if I had a biological sister, so I often drop the "in-law" and just call them my sisters!

Of course Juju had to get in on another Aunt Theresa picture!



Theresa is my running partner, my daily google chat partner, my healthy eating check-in partner, an amazing aunt to my children, a Godmother to my first born child, my sister, and honestly my best friend. I have been so sad about this upcoming move, but I know it is what is best for her and a really exciting opportunity that she has always dreamed of. She comes over every weekend and we run for hours (literally) together while discussing every thing that is going on in our lives or in the world around us. It is going to be intently obvious when she is gone because she is such a big part of our lives. But we can't wait to hear all about her adventures (see her blog link to the right) and we hope to see her as often as possible. Some day we will get up there to visit, but in the mean time, we have skype and of course the phone and we hope she comes back often to visit. We love you and will miss you Theresa!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: