Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Garden Time!

Well it's that time of year again...time to plant the garden! Actually, it is a little later this year due to the incredibly rainy and cold spring we have had, but better late than never. The kids couldn't wait to help Dad get it started. Look at our hard workers!


Good digging Abbey!


Juliette getting to know the tools...


Ben is helping Daddy to turn the soil...


Then the next day we went to buy the plants after Church, but here is our littlest cutie pie in her Sunday finest...





This year we added a scarecrow to our garden that we got from our wonderful Aunt Theresa. We named him Jack in her honor.


Abbey helping Daddy to plant some veggies...



The finished product!



This year we planted tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and broccoli. I say "we" but really I have nothing to do with the process. This is Paul's project and the kids love to help him. I like to think I help out by finding various ways to cook all the amazing veggies we get out of the garden. I do love that, but I am not one to get in the dirt and get it going. And speaking of getting things going, I will take this opportunity to thank Paul for making this family very eco-friendly without really making me get involved. It all started with the garden several years ago. Two years ago he started a compost pile (which I really don't like, but he doesn't make me really do anything with it so I can't complain too much). Then we somehow ended up with a Prius hybrid car (thanks to Theresa for wanting to buy our car). And his latest thing is a rain barrel to collect rain and then use that water for gardening. All these things add up to being a family that is beyond eco-friendly...well done Paul!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

PablitoRun said...

didn't teta give us jack the scarecrow?