Thursday, December 01, 2011

More Fun

Well we found out about Chien on the Monday before Thanksgiving, which pretty much threw me off for the rest of the week. Tuesday Madgie and Patch flew in from their 2 week trip to the Holy Land, Mama Kay and Papa came up to stay close to us and Aunt Theresa came back to stay with us. I didn't take many pictures unfortunately, but one night we had a dance party...


Abbey and Aunt Theresa...


On Wednesday morning Josh flew in (Aunt Theresa's bf) and we had a great time meeting him...


Thursday morning came and Aunt Theresa and Josh left for Detroit to see his family. Madgie and Patch went to the airport to pick up Uncle Chris and Aunt Ginny. Ben, Abbey, Paul, Papa and I went to Long Grove for the annual turkey trot. I ran the 5k (time of 24:16 - 7:50 pace - not my best time but pretty close and I was happy with it) and then it was time for the kids' race. I had not signed up Abbey because I didn't think she would want to come, but that morning she practically threw a fit wanting to come, so I illegally gave her my number after my race (she just wanted to be included) and she ran along with Ben and I. Here are all the runners...


We started the race all together...


This is about the time that things fell apart. Ben wanted to go faster and I think it scared Abbey so she started to cry...


I quickly scooped her up and we ran like this for a minute...


But then Ben broke free and ran ahead (I think Paul jumped in to finish it with him) while Abbey and I finished after them.


Here are the big finishers...



Posted by Picasa

No comments: