Thursday, March 08, 2012

Funny Conversations

Every now and then I try to put funny things that the kids say on Facebook, but I realize that not everybody who reads this blog is on Facebook, so I thought I would share a few of our conversations lately. First, let me tell you that my kids say funny stuff everyday and I try my best to remember it all, but it's hard. I love seeing the world through their eyes. For instance, not a funny comment, but one morning last week Ben came into my room around 5 in the morning, lightly woke me up, and told me that he could hear birds outside his window! Thankfully, in my extremely tired state, I recognized what he was referring to and told him how cool that was. Last spring we talked a lot about the signs of spring (birds chirping, buds on the trees, etc). I love that they remember stuff like that and recognize it when they see it again. It constantly amazes me what they remember!

Speaking of having a good memory, tonight Ben said he wanted to play "shreds"...which we soon figured out meant charades! Anyway, he bent down and then quickly jumped forward while raising his arms out and then quickly bringing them back down. He did it several times and we finally told him that we had no idea what animal he was being. He looked surprised and said, "Mom, it's a flying gecko!" Oh right...how did I miss that? Later on he was being another animal that we couldn't guess so he gave us a clue that he was green. So I guessed flying gecko! He looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "Mom, flying geckos are brown and yellow and their wings are yellow with black spots." Oh right, my bad. Apparently he learned about them on an episode of Wild Kratts, which by the way is an amazing kids show if you haven't heard of it! But anyway, how am I to compete with that???

Another brief conversation happened yesterday when Abbey informed me that when she turned 4, she would not need to hold my hand in an airplane when it went up in the clouds anymore. So Ben said, "Abbey, you know what I did to be calm in an airplane when I was 4? I ate lots and lots of starbursts....they really calm you down!" Abbey quickly pointed out to me that she would like to try this method and asked Ben how he did it. He said, "Oh it was easy. I just unwrapped them and ate them!" I love listening to conversations between the kids!

Kids are so funny if you really listen to them. I will try to think of more and post them when I can.

No comments: