Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hearts at Home

In an effort to catch up...in March I went to the annual Hearts at Home conference in Normal, IL. I went last year for the first time and loved it, so when this year came around, I was ready to sign up again! I went down with about 11 girls from our old church where I am still a member of the Moms Plus group with a great group of ladies. We went down on a Thursday afternoon and came back on Friday night. It was a lot of fun, very refreshing, emotional and enjoyable experience, as expected. This year's key note speaker was Candace Cameron Bure (better known as DJ from Full House) and she was great. There were two general sessions and 4 electives - I chose electives called "What Your Man Wants You To Know", "The Magic of Parenting Preschoolers", "Raising Girls from 2 to 22", and "Resisting the Urge To Yell". They were all very good, but there were so many interesting sounding classes this year that it was hard to choose! Luckily, people in our group went to different classes and we were able to debrief after the conference and learn from the other classes as well. It was a great time and again, I would encourage anyone to go next year. I will be there too hopefully, so if you are interested, let me know for next year!

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: