Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weekend Update

Well, we had quite a weekend! We stayed home all weekend, but got so much accomplished. The first thing (and the reason why we stayed home all weekend), was we potty trained Abbey! We started on Saturday and by Monday she was staying completely dry and letting us know when she needed to go and she hasn't looked back since then. So YAY for Abbey! We also switched her crib to a toddler bed. Our thought was that she would then be able to get out and go to the bathroom if needed, but the girl likes her freedom and I am seriously regretting this decision so far. Hopefully she will get used to it soon and stay in bed. One night she went into Ben's room, climbed into his bed, turned on the light and started reading him a book (he came down and said "Mom, Abbey's in my bed"). Another time during nap, I went in to find her in Juliette's crib bouncing up and down - both of them laughing hysterically. So it has been a challenge, but I'm hoping the novelty wears off soon and she settles down. In one weekend, she turned into a big girl!

In other news, I think we can officially call Juliette walking now. She is using it more and more often and is getting a lot better at it. So in her baby book, I guess I will put her first steps as being at 12.5 months, but not really walking until 14 months! She is talking so much and last night said "I love you" for the first time - adorable!! Although her current favorite expression is "Uh Oh" as she throws something on the floor (usually during dinner time). I will try to get some video up soon, although I should probably make some sort of video montage to show her progress over the last 2 months of learning to walk!

Here are just a few cute pictures we have taken recently. I hate to have a post without any pictures, so enjoy!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: