Monday, August 22, 2011

Charge for CHARGE!

Saturday morning was the third annual Joshua Kurby Charge for CHARGE 5k put on by our friends the Kurby's in honor of their son Josh, who had CHARGE syndrome and died at just over 8 months old. It was a great event, as always! Here is Sandy on the bike leading the crew of runners through the course (this is right at the start).


This was my first year running it. The first year I was very pregnant with Juliette and last year I did some negligent scheduling and we could not attend, so this was my first time running it!


Here I am finishing...I convined Ben at the end to come run with me through the shoot! My finishing time was 24:05, which was an average 7:46 pace. I was pretty happy with that!


Then the kids found some ducks to feed. Juliette loves ducks and we sometimes call her our baby duck. When we are in parking lots or crossing the street we tell the kids to line up and hold hands and we call them our little duckies (to which they respond with quack quack!).


Ben was upset at first that I didn't get a medal (because I usually come home with medals from races). Luckily, I won my age group so I did get a special medal! Ben was eager to come help me receive the medal and quickly put it on!



It was a really great event and everything seemed to run smoothly and finished right before the rain started. Sandy, congratulations on another great race...I know Josh is smiling down!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: